Inexpensive Dates for Money-Conscious Singles
|Related Free Samples and Special Offers|
- 7 Free Days of Lavalife
- Life on the go now has an added charm. With the services of
Lavalife.com, your online dating life need not hit a snag...
- Free Admission to LA County Museum of Art
- Visit the Los Angeles County Museum of Art during the Target Free Holiday Mondays and you'll receive free museum admission as well as enjoy free live musical performances...
- Free Museum Admission
- Great news for all the customer of Bank of America! Your ATM card, credit or debit card can give you the ultimate privilege...
Whether you're on a limited part-time job budget, college students scrimping every penny for school or just starting out, finding extra money to spend time with your dating partner on a date can be difficult. Below are some inventive ideas for dates that cost nearly nothing or below $20.00 so you and your special someone can enjoy some special time together without breaking the budget.
Free or Nearly Free Dates
- Take your companion to the lake or beach for a day of sun and swimming. Bring along a cooler with drinks and treats and make it a full fun day with a picnic included.
- Be a tourist for the day in your own town. Go to your local visitor's center and get a walking tour map of your town and take off to see the sites. You will be surprised how much you didn't know about your own area.
- Roller-skate, bike or walk local trails together. Either in a city park or local state park, most places have trails for just this activity. Enjoy the scenery as you enjoy time spent getting to know each other better.
- Build a bonfire. Spend a crisp, cool evening cuddled up in front of a bonfire with your love. All it takes is some firewood in a safe location and a blanket to sit out on the ground together. For more romance, share a bottle of wine or roast marshmallows on a stick. If you live in the city where bonfires are prohibited, go to your local beach or park where fire pits are available. Either way, it's a romantic way to spend the evening together.
- Take a drive on a scenic highway. A relaxing, unhurried drive on a beach, lake or mountain road is a great way to connect with each other. Stop at scenic points and take pictures or at a small cafe for pie and coffee. Rediscover that being in the car can be fun when you don't have to be anywhere in particular.
- Play a sport together. Play one-on-one basketball, hit a few baseballs or go to the public tennis courts and swing rackets. You will both get some great exercise and enjoy being together at the same time.
- Have a romantic garden dinner right on your deck or patio. Borrow plants and flowers from all your friends and neighbors and turn your patio or deck into a private garden. Enjoy a home-cooked dinner there or have a wine and cheese evening among the foliage.
- For committed couples – spend a day in bed without interruptions. Spend the day together in bed having breakfast in bed, reading the paper, sleeping, or whatever else you may come up with!
Dates Under $20
- Explore the local museums. Many have a minimal admission fee or free admission on certain days of the month. Strolling hand in hand through the museum is more romantic that you may think.
- Go bowling. Bowling is the one sport most anyone can do and have fun at. Rediscover what couples from the 1950's already know – bowling is fun and a refreshing way to be together.
- Go to a matinee or the local dollar theater. Matinees are much less expensive than evening showings and many towns have theaters that show slightly older movies for only a buck. Add some popcorn and enjoy two hours in the dark together.
- Walk to your favorite downtown coffee place and enjoy a coffee and a cookie and intimate conversation in a cozy corner booth.
- Spend the day at the local zoo or aquarium. Most have low admission prices but have numerous exhibits and animal shows that can fill your whole day. Spending time with nature can be very relaxing and may bring out the animal in you.
Be creative and you can come up with many other ways to spend time together without spending a lot of money. The point of dating is to connect with the person you love, and that doesn't cost any money at all.