Blogs, or web logs, have become a popular way to express your feelings and thoughts for the benefit of the entire Internet community. Of course, if you are looking for an easy way to make some extra money, blogging may be the answer. In addition, blogging can be an excellent way to promote your existing business or service.
Helping an Existing Business
While this is not a complete list, web logs can help you promote your existing business or service in the following four ways:
- Positive Exposure. Blogging allows you to write, in depth, about products or services, exposing their benefits to potential customers. This way you can create trust with your prospects by telling them something they already know is true. They will know for sure you are not lying and begin to trust you and your business.
- Rankings. Every blog entry, including comments posted by readers, adds to the number of keywords that can be picked up by search engines, thus increasing your chances of ranking well in search engine results.
- Expertise. Blogging establishes you as an expert in your field, making your product or service more desirable, even if it is more expensive, than one offered by someone who knows less about it.
- Feedback. By allowing readers to comment on your blog entries, you set up a forum that allows for feedback, helping you to see what you're doing right and what you need to change.
A Business in a Blog
If you do not already have a product or service, you can earn money from the blog itself. The following list is a few of the ways you can make money with a blog:
- Sell advertising. Use your blog like a tiny internet billboard.
. Google Adsense contextual advertising and banner ads can be placed on your web log that will earn you money with every ad click. Just be careful not to overload the ads.
- Give advertising space. Offer free classified advertisements in your blog that expire after a particular time period. People will revisit your blog over and over to re-submit.
- Sell other people's stuff. Your blog is a great place to advertise offers from affiliate programs, where you make a commission on sales or leads.
- Donations. If you frequently discuss causes or issues, you can ask your readers for donations to help support your efforts.
Blogging, like many areas on the internet, has become a method for making money. You don't need to be an expert writer, nor do you have to write hokey ad copy, in order to earn money with blogging. Since there is many sites offering free web log accounts, you don't even have to make an investment. Making money with blogging involves staying on top of trends, information and figuring out how to put your knowledge to work for you.